You are invited to submit abstracts online detailing your most recent research findings on the main theme of the conference and / or on one of the following thematic areas.
- Vector Biology and Control
- Parasite Biology & Control
- Regional & Cross Border Malaria
- Advocacy for Malaria Elimination
- Innovation for Elimination
- Impact of Covid-19 on Malaria Elimination
Your abstract must be no more than 350 words detailing your most recent research findings in one of the above thematic areas. It must be written in English in Arial (10 font) and should include:
- An abstract title
- Authors’ first and last name with the presenting author’s name underlined
- Name of authors’ organisations (if more than one, numeric numbers should be used linking co-authors to organisations)
- A brief introduction / background to the study
- A statement of the research problem / research question / research hypothesis
- Research methodology employed in your study
- Summary of results obtained
- Discussion and Conclusion / a summary of the results / preliminary results / anticipated results
Please also indicate whether you would like your abstract to be considered for either an oral or poster presentation. While the scientific committee will make every attempt to endorse your choice, your preferred choice is not guaranteed. The decision of the scientific committee is final and cannot be appealed.
- Oral Presentations: Oral PowerPoint presentations must be in English (compatible to Office 2007), no longer than 10 minutes with five additional minutes allowed for questions.
- Poster Presentations: Due to the virtual nature of the conference we are only accepting Electronic Posters (E-Posters) in PDF format. Printed posters or photographs of printed posters will NOT be accepted.
Guidelines for Virtual Poster Presentation
Preparation of the poster
Due to the virtual nature of the conference we are only accepting Electronic Posters (E-Posters) in PDF format. Printed posters or photographs of printed posters will NOT be accepted.
Poster Submission Deadline: 16 July 2021
The poster should be a clear visual presentation of your submitted abstract and should meet the following criteria:
Tittle of the Poster
- It is recommended to keep the title of the poster same as in the submitted abstract. Slight modification which does not change the idea of the abstract is also allowed.
Poster size and format
- Posters must be submitted in PDF format.
- It is recommended to make your poster in PowerPoint (Landscape or Portrait) and then save it as a PDF before emailing to email@example.com
- Make sure that you do not exceed the limit of 1 PPT slide for your E-Poster
- The top of the Poster should display, in the lettering of 18 Bold (Times New Roman), the following information: Title of your Paper, Name(s) of the Author(s) and Affiliation(s).
- Kindly use both UPPER and lower case letters for general content, as all-capital text is difficult to read. It is recommended to use 14 Times New Roman font style for the content of the poster.
- Make sure there is enough contrast between the colour of the text and the poster’s background.
- Text and presentation should be in ENGLISH only.
Content of the Poster
- Make sure that the specific sections (such as the background, methods, results, and conclusions) are easy to locate in the poster.
- Try to keep the text easy to read and concise. The poster should have a clear message, a logical layout and be easy to comprehend.
- Illustrations are the most important part of the poster and will attract the most attention. Colourful charts and graphs are the easiest to read. Explanatory illustrations should be used instead of text whenever possible.
- Use only static images and do not embed any videos or animation in your poster.
- Try to utilize the space on your poster as creatively as you can to attract the audience and make sure that the images are easy to understand.
For any questions please contact: Sunitha Kissoon on Sunitha.firstname.lastname@example.org
Awards will be presented for the:
- Best oral presentation
- Best poster presentation
Both oral and poster presentations will be judged according to the following criteria:
- Content (introduction, method, discussion, results)
- Knowledge (Q&A)
Submit an abstract by using the link: https://is.gd/samrc_abstract